Allen Bradley SMC-3 Soft Starter
The Allen Bradley SMC-3 Soft Starter is a device used with standard AC induction motors to reduce the load, torque and hence starting current to the motor during startup. This in effect reduces the mechanical stress on the motor and shaft, as well as the dynamic stresses of the machine allowing for extended lifespan of the system.
The Allen Bradley SMC-3 Soft Starter is a compact, three-phase controller in a cost-effective package that comes with overload protection, integral bypass, and motor/system diagnostics.
The SMC-3 Soft Starter can be line connected (3 to 480 Amps) or Delta connected (5 to 831 Amps), as a voltage range of 200 to 600 VAC and comes with either 110/240VAC or 24VDC control options.
The SMC-3 Soft Starter as 5 key features:-
- Integral Bypass – The bypass automatically closes when the motor reaches its nominal speed, reducing heat generation.
- Hold to Test/Push to Rest Button – Used to test for fault conditions or reset the unit.
- LED Display – Status information including fault diagnosis, fault conditions, RUN.
- Easy Set UP – DIP switches allow setting of the start/stop profile, built in overload and auxiliary contact configuration.
- Simplified Motor FLA Setup – Rotary switch allows quick and easy set up of motor FLA.
The benefits of using an Allen Bradley SMC-3 Soft Starter over conventional motor starting techniques are considerable and can result in lower installation and maintenance costs. The Allen Bradley SMC-3 Soft Starter is ideal to use in applications such as Conveyors, Chillers, Pumps, Mixers and Lifts.